Monday, July 07, 2003

Blogs, Books, Blockbusters
I don't watch TV anymore. I read blogs. I don't buy newspapers. I read blogs. As far as I'm concerned, I've traded up.

I still read books - just finished Hayden Herrera's biography of Frida Kahlo. I want to read W. R. Clement's Reforming the Prophet next. I had read Clement's previous book, Quantum Jump: A Survival Guide to the New Renaissance about 4-5 years ago and dismissed it as interesting but wrong in its predictions and conclusions. I re-read it a year ago and discovered that Clement's vision looked a lot sharper than it had during the Clinton Belle Epoque (to borrow a phrase from Bruce Sterling's latest). I need to read C.J. Date's Temporal Data and the Relational Model. It's a geek thing.

And I still see movies (recommended: Respiro), although I've missed all of the big summer blockbusters. I strongly suspect that I haven't really missed a thing. I really want to see Winged Migration, too. Then maybe I'll go see Matrix Reloaded at the drive-in (we still have one, here in the land that time and neo-conservatism forgot).

No comments: