Sunday, March 19, 2006

Molly Ivins Calls Progressives To Arms
I don’t know about you, but I have had it with the D.C. Democrats, had it with the DLC Democrats, had it with every calculating, equivocating, triangulating, straddling, hair-splitting son of a bitch up there, and that includes Hillary Rodham Clinton.

Damn straight. I really don't want to vote for Hillary or for Joe Biden or for whatever other stiff that Demo party establishment throws out there. I didn't want to vote for Kerry, either, but I had to vote against Bush. I'd like to vote for Russ Feingold, although I worry he doesn't have the charisma to be elected. Barak Obama does, but his time hasn't come yet. I wouldn't vote against John McCain - unless I could vote for Feingold instead.

I'd also vote for the this platform, regardless of who proposes it:

1) Getting out of Iraq.
2) Balancing the budget.
3) Fixing the health care crisis, which includes both universal health care and getting Medicaid/Medicare under control (these are not mutually exclusive goals).

And recognizing that we're not fighting a war on terror so much as getting caught up in an Islamic Reformation would be a real bonus.