Sunday, February 15, 2004

Yesterday's Paper
Yesterday, I sat down with an actual newspaper (the San Jose Mercury News) while I had a late lunch at my favorite Greek restaurant, and read these tasty tidbits.

Former CEO of Enron may face criminal indictment
Yup, they're finally going to go after after Skilling. Looks like the official announcement will be later this week.

Clinton pushes philanthropy at a personal level
I've always been ambivalent about Bill Clinton, who I find fascinating but deeply flawed. But I find it ironic, and not a little bit amusing, that the policies and actions of the current administration are probably doing more to rehabilitate his reputation than any words or actions of his supporters.

Almost all Iraqui exiles misled U.S., officials say
What? Next you'll tell me that there's no WMD, either! And that it's all the intelligence community's fault!

Two things that distinguish this administration is its near-absolute refusal to take responsibility for the consequences of its policies and its ability to manipulate the tools of large-scale public relations. This is yet another example.

What distinguishes our mass media is the inability to offer any kind of intelligent analysis of how this administration (or the previous one, and any future one) operates.

No comments: